FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON

Thursday, May 28, 2015

loving yourself


























Tunic c/o: ShopPinkBlush Shoes & Jeans: Zara Hat: Free people Necklace: Topshop Bracelets:Madewell


We live in a world filled by insecurities. We often get ready and doubt if we look pretty enough, some look at their weight, others look at their hair and some of us just wonder if we look good enough for the event we are attending.  I'm gonna be so honest in the next few sentences that I hope you catch something. I'm a dancer, went to school to become a dance teacher. I was a teacher for many years and now I'm just taking a break to raise and take care of my G. But, for many years I struggled with insecurities, growing up in that environment of dance, I was SUPER self conscience of my weight, and struggled with eating disorders for years. Growing up with no dad could really accentuate those insecurities. I used to hate seeing myself on video and I disliked the tone of my voice. And pics, well pretty much I didn't like taking pics unless they were action shots on stage. Finally, when I hit my mid 20's I began to be confident of myself. I let the love of GOD change me from the inside out. SO much has changed. I began to really believed what God says about me, I began loving myself and finding my true value in HIM. This took many years, and much renewing of the mind, not saying I'm perfect because we all struggle with insecurities at some point in our lives, and I still don't always look at the camera for pics, but I'm definitely not where I used to be. Now, I don't really care how I sound or look on a video (if you follow me on snapchat you will see). I make fun of myself and laugh when I do silly things, I began blogging a few years ago and that really helped me to come out of my shell. I DON'T PRETEND TO BE A MODEL, oh gosh no. LOL! I love models, but as you can tell I do not have the height or body for it, and I am ok with that! I am just documenting my love for fashion, life, JESUS and motherhood. I would love to look back at all these pics and say positive things and I hope to inspire moms like myself to feel and look good through fashion while enjoying their journey. 

NOW, let's talk fashion. Pink Blush is such an adorable boutique with great choices for your everyday FASHION. This tunic is just one of my faves, as you know I'm pretty neutral but I LOVE florals, especially when they are in this color palette. This piece is so versatile, could be worn casually like seen here, or with a blazer or jacket for an evening stroll. Its perfect for the Miami weather, and is just so comfy! 

SHOP MY POST 

No comments:

Post a Comment